Master of Arts
The Master of Arts in Theology is a two-year full-time academic degree intended for students who have demonstrated clear potential for sustained excellence in theological studies and research.
At the successful conclusion of the M.A. program, the student will be able to demonstrate:
1. familiarity with the historical body of Catholic theology and tradition;
2. specific competency in one of the following areas: Biblical Studies, Church History, Moral Theology, Spiritual Theology, or Systematic Theology;
3. the ability to reflect theologically on various issues;
4. the scholarly skills essential for further studies in the theological disciplines; and
5. the ability to research and to write in a clear, coherent, and competent way.